Please find below some useful links for parents with school-aged children to assist with worship in the home.
- The Mark 10 Mission website has wonderful resources for collective worship based on the weekly gospels.
- The Angelus, a prayer with roots back to the 13th century, is a Marian devotion that is traditionally recited three times a day, usually at 9am, noon, and 6pm. Each recitation includes three Hail Marys with antiphons and responses in between each. The genius of this devotion, is that it focuses on the Incarnation (an essential mystery of our faith) and that its practice mirrors its content.
- Jesus knew what brings real happiness so he taught us how to be truly happy or ‘blessed’. He did this by giving a special talk to lots of people on a mountain. It is called ‘The Sermon on the Mount’. He taught us about 8 attitudes which are called the Beatitudes.
- Learn how Saint Francis lived out his life in poverty and preached about the life of Christ
- Learn all about Saint Faustina and how she entered the convent of the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy at age 20.
- Carlo Acutis who was beatified on 10th October 2020, a truly modern saint.
- Saints of the Environment – Why not take some time to research these five saints before using the prayers
Our Lady and the Rosary
The links below provide a number of activities that you can do with your families around Our Lady and the Rosary:
Supporting your child/children
- Helpful advice on how parents can support their child/children through periods of transition and change.
- Here is some helpful information about understanding resilience, including a game and a ‘Resilience Ladder’ for you to complete with your child/children:
- Also here are some prayers for children and families during schools closure/re-opening and a useful tool on how to managing emotions.
- Helpful information for parents and carers on how to support and help young children and young people understand COVID19.
- Five simple ways to aid your child/children’s well-being
- www.thinkuknow.co.uk – Thinkuknow is the education programme that helps protect children both online and offline. Explore one of the six Thinkuknow websites for advice about staying safe when you’re children are on a phone, tablet or computer.
- ‘The God Who Speaks’ website provides resources for children of all ages to engage with Scripture.
- Scripture Scramble – Great fun challenge for all of the family, remember, you need to work as a team!
- Catholic Children’s Bulletin for June – Print some free children’s bulletins, colouring or worksheets
- The Kids Bulletin – includes colouring, puzzle, worksheet etc all based on the current Sunday mass readings.
- Catholicmom.com – Gospel colouring worksheets for Sunday Mass
- CAFOD – Some fun activities on their education resources pages, packed with great ideas.
- Catholic Children’s Society – Christian Meditations